معرفی شرکت blur studio

hosienmax100

3D Artist
درود خدمت دوستان

داشتم وب گردی میکردم بر حسب اتفاق یه سری هم زدم تو blur.com که ببینم کار جدید چی زدن قبلا به زور تو کافی نت میدیم ویدیو ها رو اما الان که امکان dl هست تک تک گزاشتم تو لیست idm و حدود یک گیگ شد

واقعآ شاهکار هستند تمام نمونه کارا (تریلر فیلم و بخش سینماتیک بازی ها ...) من کفرم در اومد اینارو دیدم خیلی حسرت خوردم چقدر هنری و دقیق کار شده بودن ....

نکته اصلی این تاپیک این بود که میخواستم بگم حتمآ ویدئویی که مربوط به خود شرکت و معرفی اون هست رو حداقل بگیرید چه نظمی ..چیدمان سیستم ها ...محیطی که توش کار میکنن همه و همه انسان رو متحیر میکنه واقعا من یکی که یک رویاست برام حتی دیدن این محیط چه برسه به کار

خیلی سیستماتیک کار میکن مثه اینجا نیست واقعا یه گوساله که فرق بین یونجه رو با پیتزا نمیدونه میشه ارشد یه گروه انیمیشن سازی یا بقول خودش اینیمیشن ...دوستان به کسی بر نخوره من همونایی رو منظورم بود که شما هم خوب میشناسیدشون رو :دی

راستی خانم زی جونز (همونی که تو مستر کلاس نومن کاراکتر مادلینگ رو آموزش داد ) رو ببینید با چه امکاناتی کار میکنه بی شرف /

بهرصورت عذرخواهی بابت پر حرفی ../

شرکت بلر استدیو در سال 1995 ایجاد شد.تا کنون برنده جوایز زیاد تصویری و انیمیشن با استفاده از مهارت خلاقانه گروه در رسانه های مختلف شده است تولید انیمیشن،شخصیت های سه بعدی ،طراحی و افکت های بصری برای فیلم های سینمایی و تلویزیونی،ساخت تریلر و ویدئو برا ی بازی ،فیلم های بلند و تبلیغاتی از جمله کارهای این استدیو است.وجود عشق و شور و هیجان میان مدیر ها و انیماتور ها ،طراحان،هنرمندان مفهومی،و نویسندگان در مقابل مشتریان این استدیو را به یک رویکرد مشارکتی خلاق جهت رسیدن به شاهکارهای هنری رسانده است.در سال 2004بلر استدیو با فیلم کوتاه لاکپشت نقاب زن نامزد جایزه آکادمی بود.در حال حاضر این شرکت در تمام سبک ها مشغول به ساخت فیلم است.

attachment.php

www.blur.com

پیوست ها

• BlurPeopleEdit[(001972)15-14-18].JPG
    BlurPeopleEdit[(001972)15-14-18].JPG
    63.9 کیلوبایت · بازدیدها: 214
آخرین ویرایش:

hosienmax100

3D Artist
Interview with Kevin Margo, CG Supervisor at BLUR Studio​

blur-studio-fire-fall-1.jpg

“V-Ray is a supremely brilliant rendering engine with mind bending approaches to visualizing 3 dimensional form that encourages philosophic ontological discussions about the nature and observation of reality itself.”
Tell us more about BLUR studio and the latest company projects. Could you also present yourself and your role in the company in a few sentences?
About Blur
Blur Studio has been creating award-winning visual effects, animation and design, applying its creative skills across various mediums. We produce 3D character animation, motion design and visual effects for feature films and television, game cinematics & trailers, large format films, location-based entertainment, commercials and integrated media. Located in Venice, California, we combine the passion and excitement from our directors, animators, designers, concept artists, and writers with our clients into a collaborative creative approach that results in compelling visuals and storytelling. That's a nicely polished summary of what I'd call a truly unique and kick ass work environment filled with inspiring artists who bring tons of skill and heart to every project that goes through the studio. The air is thick with creative energy and it's been a blast contributing and feeding off the buzz.
About Kevin Margo
I've been at Blur almost 8 years now, and CG Supervisor for 6 of them. Recent projects I've handled include the Firefall trailer, 5 minutes of cinematics for Knights Contract, half a dozen Mass Effect 2 TV Spots, 13 minutes of cinematics and a Superbowl commercial for Dante's Inferno, a Terminator Salvation trailer, and 10+ minutes of cinematics for Xmen Origins: Wolverine.
What is the project you would like to tell us about and what exactly was your responsibility in it?
We recently completed a trailer for Firefall, a team based action shooter developed by Red 5 Studio. Their mandate was simple: "Here are the characters, aliens, and environment we want to feature…please give us a 3 minute cinematic to support our game announcement at the PAX conference. Oh and btw, we need it in 7 weeks."​

blur-studio-fire-fall-3.jpg

From a visual standpoint my responsibility with each project is to deliver and evolve the expected blur quality. One of the benefits of the CG Sup position at blur is the opportunity to handle art direction, technical execution and experimentation with new software/tools. This led to my interest in V-Ray and championing its full integration into the blur pipeline. With Firefall, my team and I had to deliver it looking as great as possible given the extremely tight schedule. I was the first artist on the project and last off it…naturally this developed a broad master plan of execution which I was tapped for constantly. A lot of my time was spent on look development, critiquing artist progress, organization, facilitating communication, and anticipating and resolving hurdles before they impacted production. Once the scope and script was sorted out, I worked closely with all the departments from a technical and art direction standpoint. Kept a guiding eye on characters, environments, props, lighting, shaders, hair and fx. I established the lighting direction and master shot/compositing workflows for a (nearly) smooth roll out to the team. Towards the end I was jumping into production, helping the lighting/compositing team on shots that needed some extra love to hit the bar through to delivery.

How many people were involved? How long did it take to finish all tasks?
About 50-60 people had a hand in the project. The core team of artists that spent extended time was around 15-20. We completed the entire cinematic in 7 intense weeks.​

blur-studio-fire-fall-4.jpg

How do you find the V-Ray’s role in the animation process and why did you choose it?
About a year ago nearing completion on Dante's Inferno, I began talking with my lighting/scene assembly leads about the many rendering issues/hurdles we were encountering with our renderer at that time. We had RAM issues on large environments without a functioning proxy system, render times were rising unacceptably high attempting to resolve sampling and GI flickering, vector moblur and z-depth DOF in post started to feel very dated. Blur had occasionally used V-Ray on a few small scale projects, and the features/results highlighted in small fashion on those projects were VERY appealing to us. Seeing how V-Ray could easily produce creamy smooth GI lighting, camera DOF and Motion blur, fast displacements and BSP instancing/proxy objects caught my attention. Springtime brought a modestly sized cinematics job for the upcoming Knight's Contract game. These kinds of jobs are always fun…they're very flexible on the front end creative, and aren't burdened with established expectations from client or a fan base that would squelch the teams engagement, leaving plenty of room for substantive creative contributions by every artist.​

blur-studio-Knights-Contractl-7.jpg

Projects like Knight's Contract invite visual experimentation that leads to new ways of working. The script, calling for a landscape dense with tall wheat stalks and grass, created the opportunity and necessity that we look into V-Ray. The one concern I had was the sparse proof of a ***y looking V-Ray skin shader. Blur cinematics are very character centric and if they didn't look appealing no amount of glossy GI lighting would save the project. After a few weeks of testing the SSS2 skin shader, and some custom build updates from Chaos, we decided the skin, and the other attractive features, would suit our needs so we committed to V-Ray. Knights Contract turned out looking great, the lighting team raved about the smooth workflow V-Ray presented, and blur hasn't looked back since. Since then we've used V-Ray on a killer DCU Online trailer, this Firefall project, a film pitch for The Goon, and some upcoming big name projects.​

blur-studio-Knights-Contractl-9.jpg

Was there a significant difference in the production of this game in comparison to others and how V-Ray was helpful exactly?
All V-Ray materials of course We used some of those awesome Bercon Maps on the environment. The SSS2 skin shader as I mentioned. We used max's Hair and Fur for the short haired male soldier with a heavily tweaked V-Ray material to capture the hair anisotropy and back-scattering. We also used Forest Pack Pro a bit for scattering rocks about the landscape…tapping into V-Ray's spiffy bsp instancing/proxy features.​

blur-studio-Knights-Contractl-10.jpg

On average how many passes were your renderings and what type of render elements were used?
This is another killer benefit of V-Ray, we got beauty passes that looked great out of the box, with the option to export individual render element passes to use as needed. In most shots we had 3-4 passes…environment beauty, character beauty, fog and hair. The robust V-Ray matte object properties came in handy as we split out the characters from environment and needed to preserve all the subtle GI and reflection contributions of the environment onto our characters. We added in some misc fx elements and auxiliary passes per shot as needed. Sometimes we'd use the multimatte pass to key certain objects worth CC'ing in post. I dig Baroque painting, so we put the normal passes to use in post for exaggerated chiaroscuro effects as a nod to Carravagio.
Which main V-Ray features were most precious during this project? (Gi, Displacement, Proxies, DOF, MB)?
V-Ray's GI delivers a super solid visual foundation on which to add in all the other bells/whistles. For Firefall, DOF and Motion blur were the other valuable features. The director and I developed a side workflow that enabled him to quickly step through all the shots and keyframe f-stop and DOF values on the vrayPhysical camera with fast visualization, and easy hand off back to our lighting team. His attentive eye to the cameras brought a subtle yet powerful cinematic touch to every shot. And with V-Ray's clever glossy sampling system it was no sweat to turn on motion blur as well without worry of skyrocketing render times.​

blur-studio-fire-fall-5.jpg

What was the average render time per frame?
All passes added up, I'd guess between 1 and 2 hours a frame. That varied greatly with shot context…so it's just a ballpark.
How did you render the volumetric effects? Have you used V-Ray Environment Fog?
For the general ambient fog we used V-Ray Environment Fog. It provides a ton of control and with careful manipulation it's reasonable to render using GI and area lighting. We broke it out as a separate pass for local refinement of sampling issues that were specific to the nature of raymarched fog. The atmosphere was a necessary story prop… I needed art directable control over its behavior and V-Ray Fog proved capable. We found exciting and varied effects experimenting with different 3D procedural map types in the density channels…noises, cellulars, smokes,etc…​

blur-studio-Knights-Contractl-8.jpg

What would you like to see in V-Ray as new features?
A more robust hair styling and rendering system that makes full use of spline primitive rendering with a dynamic generation/ram flushing capability. There are a few hair plugin solutions that have semi-complete implementation to V-Ray, but none that satisfies all our varied and demanding production needs. – A user friendly handling of tiled map types like .exr's, tiffs or .vrimgs used in shaders…the Max/V-Ray implementation is a bit thin at the moment. – V-Ray RT integration and feature expansion, and further development of GPU tech. – I also want to experiment with spherical harmonics in V-Ray for 3ds Max, curious to see how it'll work in a raytracer.
What is the overall impression of the final result in your opinion? Did you achieve what you were aiming at?
Given our time constraints I'm highly impressed with the results, and eager to flex V-Ray's capabilities on a project more reasonably paced that allows for some thoughtful experimentation and refinement…we're just getting V-Ray warmed up. Hitting the deadline was thanks in HUGE part to the unfettered commitment by the entire blur team to pull a challenging project like this together. After 8 years at blur it was a surprisingly fresh experience and pleasant reminder of the immense talent here.​

blur-studio-fire-fall-2.jpg

Blur is also fully equipped with Pdplayer for its image viewing needs. How does this software work for you and what are the benefits of the integration it has with V-Ray and other production and post production solutions?
Pdplayer has been a great addition to our pipeline. It's insanely FAST to load image sequences, has a logical layer system, useful hotkeys/functionality for managing those layers and sequences, handy color space and image adjustment controls, it can apply alpha masks for quick dirty comps, and has fun paintbrush tools for notations per frame. All around awesome product.​

blur-studio-fire-fall-6.jpg

Do you think of including V-Ray into the workflow on future BLUR projects?
Absolutely. V-Ray is a supremely brilliant rendering engine with mind bending approaches to visualizing 3 dimensional form that encourages philosophic ontological discussions about the nature and observation of reality itself. The V-Ray community is highly vocal and enthusiastic… most questions can be found and answered immediately on the forums. And Chaos Group has been very generous facilitating our transition to a V-Ray pipeline…customer support like that is priceless, and MUCH APPRECIATED​

:wink:

آخرین ویرایش:

hosienmax100

3D Artist
Tim Jones

Self%20portrait.jpg

My name is Tim Jones. I am currently working at Digital Domain in Venice, CA as a CG Supervisor. Before that I was a CG Supervisor at Blur Studio in Venice, CA for 5 years. I graduated in May 2002 with a BS degree in Architecture and a BFA in Illustration. I have a strong background in traditional art. I began taking art lessons at the age of 7. I began teaching myself 3d in 1998. My father taught me how to extrude, lathe and change the UCS in AutoCAD and I was on my way. I created my first rendering with my dads copy of Raydream. A friend at school soon after introduced me to Truespace 2 which I fell in love with. I became obsessed with 3d and spent nearly every free moment teaching myself how to create anything and everything in 3d. I quickly outgrew Truespace 2 and its limited features. That same friend introduced me to 3d studio max 2.5 and I have never looked back. I still use Max as my program of choice.​

ترجمه از انیمیشنز:
اسم من تیم جونزه. من در دیجیتال دومین در ونیز کالیفرنیا کار می کنم. قبل از این، در بلار استودیو در ونیز کالیفرنیا، به مدت پنج سال سوپروایزر CG بودم. من در ماه مه 2002 مدرک BS (معادل لیسانس) در رشته معماری و BFA در رشته طراحی گرفتم و فارق التحصیل شدم. من زمینه خوبی در هنرهای سنتی دارم. اولین دروس هنری رو در سن 7 سالگی شروع کردم. در سال 1998 شروع به یادگیری سه بعدی کردم. پدرم به من یاد داد که در نرم افزار اتوکد چطور از extrude و lathe استفاده کنم و UCS رو عوض کنم و به این صورت من در مسیر خودم قرار گرفتم. اولین رندر خودم را با کمک پدرم انجام دادم که یک کپی از Raydream بود. بعد از آن، یکی از دوستان من در مدرسه، Truespace 2 رو به من معرفی کرد که من به سرعت عاشق آن شدم. سپس من در زمینه سه بعدی اشتیاق زیادی پیدا کردم و تقریبا تمام وقت آزادم رو به آموختن ساخت همه چیز در سه بعدی می گذراندم. خیلی زود با محدودیت های Truespace 2 مواجه شدم و همان دوستم مرا با 3d studio max 2.5 آشنا کرد و دیگر هیچوقت از آن روی نگرداندم. من هنوز از مکس استفاده می کنم و آنرا به نرم افزارهای دیگر ترجیح می دهم.

Hellgate_02.jpg

آخرین ویرایش توسط مدیر:

hosienmax100

3D Artist
IAN JOYNER​

me.jpg

I am a freelance character artist, specializing in character modeling, digital sculpting, texturing and design. I have worked on next-gen games, feature films, and product output/rapid prototyping.

I was previously a character modeler at Blur Studios for over 4 years. At Blur, I worked on everything from feature films, ride films and critically-acclaimed video game cinematics. I have been able to live my childhood dream of making a living by creating monsters, super heroes and epic battles.

Before working at Blur, I was a freelance artist for various web/print/motion graphics companies and used my free time to enter and win one of the original CGnetworks Challenges. I have been a beta tester for a variety of high profile software packages including Mudbox, Softimage XSI and ZBrush 2 / ZBrush 3, to name a few.

My work can be seen throughout various projects including but not limited to Bioshock, Halo Wars (upcoming), Golden Axe (upcoming), Marvel : Ultimate Alliance, Hellgate : London, Jericho, Brothers in Arms, Warhammer: Age of Reckoning and Rise of Legends. Film work includes Rocky Balboa, Aliens of the Deep, and Blur Studio's short film 'A Gentlemen's Duel'. Other work includes tech demonstrations for XSI's Face Robot, training material (DVD's and classes) for Gnomon Workshop, and promotional material for a large variety of projects. A full resume is available upon request.

ترجمه از انیمیشنز:
من یک کاراکتر آرتیست freelance هستم و در زمینه مدلینگ کاراکتر، مجسمه سازی دیجیتالی، تکسچر دادن و طراحی کار می کنم. روی نسل بعدی بازی ها، فیلم های سینمایی، product output و rapid prototyping فعالیت کرده ام.

قبلا در بلار استودیو به مدت چهار سال شغل مدلینگ کاراکتر رو داشتم. در بلار، روی همه چیز از فیلم های سینمایی، فیلم های الحاقی، بازی های ویدئویی بحث برانگیز سینماتیک کار کردم. من توانایی زنده کردن رویاهای کودکی خودم را دارم که می خواستم هیولاهای زنده بسازم و قهرمانان افسانه ای و نبردهای حماسی.

قبل از اینکه در بلار مشغول به کار شوم، یه هنرمند freelance بودم که در زمینه وب، کارهای چاپی و موشن گرافیک برای کمپانی ها کار می کردم و زمان های آزادم را صرف شرکت کردن و برنده شدن در مسابقات گروهی و اینترنتی می کردم. من نرم افزارهای مهمی از جمله Mudbox، Softimage XSI و ZBrush 2 / ZBrush 3 را تست و عیب یابی کرده ام.

کارهای من را در پروژه های زیادی می توان دید و فقط به پروژه های زیر خلاصه نمی شود:
Bioshock, Halo Wars (upcoming), Golden Axe (upcoming), Marvel : Ultimate Alliance, Hellgate : London, Jericho, Brothers in Arms, Warhammer: Age of Reckoning and Rise of Legends
فعالیت های من در زمینه فیلم:
Rocky Balboa, Aliens of the Deep, and Blur Studio's short film 'A Gentlemen's Duel'
سایر فعالیت های من شامل موارد زیر می شود:
tech demonstrations for XSI's Face Robot, training material (DVD's and classes) for Gnomon Workshop, and promotional material for a large variety of projects

در صورتی که درخواست کنید، رزومه کامل من موجود است.

eib1.jpg

outfit2.jpg

rocky_1.jpg

xml2_1.jpg

wwe_1.jpg

WEB SITE

آخرین ویرایش توسط مدیر:

hosienmax100

3D Artist
55075_1292836474.jpg

55075_1281928988.jpg
Character Artist

Bio

Sze Jones began her art training at a young age in Hong Kong, at the age five she was enrolled in the Elsa Art House and studied under the founder Lai Bing Chiu. At the age of fourteen she was accepted into the specialized art school “Jockey Club Ti-I College”. At the age sixteen she was sent aboard to Canada to further her art training and education. In 1997 she graduated with a Master of Fine Arts with a major in Computer Graphics at William Paterson University. She has since attended numerous local art schools and workshops including: School of Visual Arts, Joe Kubert School of Cartoon and Graphic Art, Gnomon school of Special Effects and Otis College. Her ongoing training includes classical painting at Los Angeles Academy of Figurative Arts and traditional Chinese painting and calligraphy with Master Pang Qi.

Sze is best known for creating iconic heroine characters for some of the interactive industry’s best-selling titles. She was the character modeling supervisor and senior artist at Blur Studio. While at Blur, Sze has implemented and managed Blur studio’s character modeling pipeline for eight years. Some of her notable creations are: Lara Croft for Tomb Raider Underworld; Beatrice for Dante Inferno; Anders and Sebrina for Halo Wars; Twilek, Jedi Consular and Bounty Hunter for Star Wars: The Old Republic; Dark Elf Sorceress for Warhammer: The Age of Reckoning; Emmera, Lyra and Cabalist for Hellgate London ; Keira for The Age of Conan; Viral Carrie and Bowman for Empire Earth; Antonia for Everquest II; Aeon Flux; Female Pedestrian for Prototype; Past projects include: Fable 2, for Simpson Trailer, Niagara’s Fury; Blur’s Short Gentlemen’s Duel and Gopher Broke; SpongeBob SquarePants in 3D; Shania Twain Music Video; Mickey’s Twice Upon a Christmas and Coca Cola Commercial.

Her artworks have featured on Sketch Theatre, ZBrush Central, XSI base, CG Society, Play Magazine, CG World Magazine, CG Channel. Sze has also been guest speaker on FX Mogul Radio, the Art Institute of Los Angeles, Comic Con, Gnomon and Siggraph. She loves teaching and her wish is to inspire others and to share her insights and knowledge from her personal creative experience.

Currently, Sze continues to evolve her artistic journey by combining and merging the techniques of the digital and traditional disciplines. Alongside with her training in music and dance, she unified her inner energy and rhythm through form, color and brush strokes. Her artworks depict mystical realm of her imagination and offer a serene visual experience.

ترجمه از انیمیشنز:
سز جونز آموزشهای هنری خود را در سنین پایین در هنگ کنگ آغاز کرد. در 5 سالگی در خانه هنر السا ثبت نام کرد و تحت نظر بنیان گذار لایبینگ چیو مشغول شد. در سن 14 سالگی در کالج هنری مهمی به نام Jockey Club Ti-I پذیرفته شد. در شانزده سالگی او را به کانادا فرستادند تا تحصیلات هنری خود را تکمیل کند. در 1997 در مقطع Master در رشته گرافیک کامپیوتری از دانشگاه ویلیام پترسن فارق التحصیل شد. او تا آن زمان در مدرسه های هنری و ورک شاپ های زیادی شرکت داشته از جمله:
School of Visual Arts, Joe Kubert School of Cartoon and Graphic Art, Gnomon school of Special Effects and Otis College
او هم اکنون در حال تکمیل آموزشهای خود در زمینه نقاشی کلاسیک از آکادمی فیگور لس آنجلس، و نقاشی سنتی چینی و calligraphy با استاد پنگ اوی است.

سز در ساخت کاراکترهای قهرمان برای شرکت های معروف، خلاق و موفق بسیار معروف است. او سرپرست بخش مدلینگ کاراکتر، و senior artist در بلار استودیو بود. وقتی در بلار بود، سز سرپرستی و مدیریت شبکه مدلینگ کاراکتر را به مدت هشت سال بر عهده داشت. بعضی از کارهای قابل توجه او عبارتند از:
Lara Croft for Tomb Raider Underworld; Beatrice for Dante Inferno; Anders and Sebrina for Halo Wars; Twilek, Jedi Consular and Bounty Hunter for Star Wars: The Old Republic; Dark Elf Sorceress for Warhammer: The Age of Reckoning; Emmera, Lyra and Cabalist for Hellgate London ; Keira for The Age of Conan; Viral Carrie and Bowman for Empire Earth; Antonia for Everquest II; Aeon Flux; Female Pedestrian for Prototype; Past projects include: Fable 2, for Simpson Trailer, Niagara’s Fury; Blur’s Short Gentlemen’s Duel and Gopher Broke; SpongeBob SquarePants in 3D; Shania Twain Music Video; Mickey’s Twice Upon a Christmas and Coca Cola Commercial.

فعالیت های هنری او در Sketch Theatre, ZBrush Central, XSI base, CG Society, Play Magazine, CG World Magazine, CG Channel به ثبت رسیده است. سز همچنین در FX Mogul Radio,the Art Institute of Los Angeles, Comic Con, Gnomon and Siggraph به عنوان گوینده مهمان حضور داشته است. او عاشق تدریس است و آرزویش این است که الهام بخش دیگران باشد و ایده ها و دانش خود را در زمینه تجربیات خلاقانه شخصی با دیگران تقسیم کند.

هم اکنون سز در تلاش است که سفر هنری خود را برای ترکیب تکنیک های دیجیتالی و نظم و انظبات سنتی ادامه دهد. در کنار آموزشهای موسیقی و حرکات موزون (!) او توانسته انرژی درونی خود و ریتم را در قالب فرم، رنگ و ضخامت قلم متحد سازد. فعالیت های هنری او قلمرو عرفانی تصوراتش را توصیف می کند و یک تجربه بصری روشن را عرضه می کند.

55075_1294300144_submedium.jpg

web site

آخرین ویرایش توسط مدیر:

hosienmax100

3D Artist
Interview with Sze Jones

1147646475_sz1.jpg

The Character Modeling Supervisor of Blur Studio talks about modeling girl characters, Kitty Hunting and her career. Two of her cg girls were featured in Playboy magazine.

How did you get started in the CG industry and why?
In my childhood, my family provided me with art, dance and music training. I attended an art high school in Hong Kong, Jockey Club Ti-I College. At the age of 16, I left Hong Kong to study abroad and completed a visual communications program at Northern Lights College, British Columbia, Canada. In 1993, I transferred to a 2 years college and majored in Graphic Design at Morris County College in United States.
Back in 1993, there were not many affordable colleges with a computer graphics program. The magic year was in my second year in college. I took an elective class about special interests in TV and movie graphics. That was when I fell in love with movie magic and computer graphics. The first system I worked on was called Wavefront 3130. My first assignment was a daring attempt to model a desk lamp that I failed miserably.
After graduation, I began to search for a 4 year college to pursue art education.
I continued loving CG and would often read CINEFEX to learn more about the industry. There were not many CG forums yet and I couldn’t afford a high-end $15,000 SGI. I learned CG modeling in NURBS by reading the user manual from the glossary. I spent many late nights practicing and doing R&D in school. Besides attending computer classes, I also enrolled in art classes such as airbrush, 2D cell animation and inking at Joe Kubert Art Center, and storytelling and comic art seminar at a School of Visual Arts.
In 1997, I graduated from William Paterson University with a Masters of Art in Computer Animation. Right after I graduated, I got my first job as a character modeler at a local game company called Hypnotix where I was making models, fixing animation and editing video in after effects. When I saw the first game I completed on the shelves of electronic boutique, it was truly an unforgettable moment!!!! A year later, I got an offer to work as a character modeler at a 3D online content creation company, Viewpoint Corporation aka. Metastream. Besides learning how to model, texture and write scripts in xml for online 3D content, I also learned a great deal about model optimization, organization structure and topology for digital scanning.
Currently it’s my forth year working at Blur Studio. As a character modeling supervisor, I am responsible for making characters for game cinematics, ride films and commercials. Also documenting and ensuring models meet the requirements for our production pipelin

It's known that Blur has a special work environment , tell us a bout what it means to work at Blur.
Working at Blur on game cinematics and modeling female characters is a great honor and it means a lot to me. I have loved playing games since the birth of Atari and Nintendo. I used to tape the gameplay and cinematics with a VCR and replay them to appreciate the artwork. Back in college, my favorite games cinematics were Tekkan, for the very cute girls and cool secret characters; Final Fantasy VII for it’s amazing graphics and great environment; Resident Evil, for its many surprises and it's the greatest zombie game ever; Metal Gear Solid, for its great game play and i love the characters’ proportions and designs on snake and sniper wolf. Other favorites were Parasite Eve and Grand Turismo. It was so rewarding after spending hours playing to finish a game and then see the grand finale cinematics. Game art has evolved a lot since then. But gamers’ expectations and standards rise even more. Being the artist behind these game cinematics, it’s important to put lots of effort into making todays game characters and cinematics.

sz2.jpg

Tell us what a regular day looks like and what kind of challenges you master
I start my day checking e-mail to see if there are any models that need to be checked. Next, I would look at the last sample still I saved out from the previous night with a fresh eye. Then I start modeling, doing self critique, look for reference and tweaking shapes. Throughout the day I help with any modeling questions and problem solving for projects in the studio.

sz3.jpg

What is your favourite project you recently worked on?
My favorite project is modeling Cabalist and Lyra for the E3 Hellgate trailer.

You model almost only girls, what is you prefer about modeling girls?
Modeling girls is very challenging. They need to look ***y and pretty from any angles. The proportions have to be accurate or else they don't look right. There are lots of subtle details I have to add to make them look alive. Make up, hair and skin tone have to compliment each other as well.

sz5.jpg

Tell us about the modeling process of Kitty Hunting, what kind of reference was used etc.
Kitty hunting was a mixture of various faces I collected from magazines and references. Kitty was built from a box. Then I sculpted and refined her shape using the proportional and poly modeling tools in XSI. The majority of the time spent on Kitty was on the topology, ensuring the edge flow lines up with wrinkles and the locations of the facial muscles.

What features in XSI do you find very useful?
I like the proportional modeling tool, and the transparency setting for the wireframe display in the viewport.

sz9.jpg

sz10.jpg

sz7.jpg

خواستم ترجمه کنم کم و بیش ولی گفتم اصل مطلب انگلیسی بهتر از درست ترجمه نکردن است :wink:
البته مصاحبه مال 2006 بود صرفآ خواستم یه پستی زده باشم :دی

آخرین ویرایش:

hosienmax100

3D Artist
Brandon Young

headshot.jpg

لینک آموزشی واسه gnomon

Brandon Young has been creating visual effects for games, commercials and film for seven years. As a VFX artist, Brandon has worked with many studios in Los Angeles including Blur Studio, Spatial Harmonics Group, Scanline VFX and Luma Pictures, where he worked on projects such as G.I. Joe, 2012, and Thor, as well as serving as Environment Lead on 2012. He received his degree in Animation Art and Design from the Art Institute of Seattle. While in school, Brandon studied matte painting and concept art, but 'fell' into FX animation and loved it. He has kept to his illustration roots, however, by showing his traditional and digital paintings in Los Angeles galleries.

web site

hosienmax100

3D Artist
Brian Whitmire

This is the digital portfolio of Brian Whitmire. I am 26 years old and am currently living in Los Angeles, California. I am originally from Atlanta, Georgia and was born into a very creative family. My twin brother, Nick Whitmire, and mother, Fran Welch, are also artists and constantly provide me with the inspiration I need to accomplish my artistic endeavors. I currently work at Blur Studio where I am a lead animator and feel incredibly privileged to be surrounded by such talented individuals. It’s such an amazing family to be a part of!
When I’m not sitting in front of a bright, shiny box all day, I am either drawing or painting as much as possible. I’m finding more and more that there has to be a fine balance in my life between the traditional and digital realms in order for me to feel truly happy and inspired on a daily basis.
That’s enough rambling for me. I’ll keep this site as updated as possible, and thanks for visiting!

bio-picture.jpg

توی مستر کلاس 1 شرکت نومون حتمآ کاراش رو دیدید انیماتور کاراکتر هست خیلی هم کارش درسته /

web site

جدیدترین ارسال ها

بالا